This week was my spring break, so I had the whole week off to work on some projects. Mainly, my goal was to tackle the huge pile of wood that has been sitting in my kitchen for eons.
Half of the wood I bought with the intention of building small shelves for my small plastic animal collection that has been growing for years. I successfully finished those, with scraps left over to build another one for my craft room:
I needed button storage, and this turned out to be the perfect size.
All I did was cut up a 1x2 and a 1x3 and screw them together. Lots of wood putty and sanding later I had my shelves. I picked up a sample sized jar of green Valspar paint for about $3. It was the perfect amount for this shelf and the other shelves I already have hanging in my craft room that I'd like to repaint. And, since I built this out of scraps, it was the total cost for this project.
Popped a few screws in the wall and painted them green as well so they won't be as obvious. If I were putting something heavy on it I probably would have used anchors, but as is it holds my little jars just fine.